Diaspora Mission represents a fundamental shift in the way that we see mission. Diaspora is defined as voluntary or involuntary migration of people or people groups around the world. Diaspora has resulted in the Globalization of the missionary task. People groups are no longer solely defined geographically. People are on the move. Today, both Missionary and Mission field could be from "anywhere and everywhere" and could be going "anywhere and everywhere".
People move on voluntary basis (education, freedom, economic betterment, human equality, etc) and are being moved for involuntary reasons (refugee, war, persecution, disaster, famine, human trafficking, etc). They move for personal and non-personal reasons. What is happening today, regarding diasporas is greater, larger and without precedence in the history of mankind due to the trend of globalization, urbanization and demographic shift. Dr Enoch Wan
- Look around your community it is no longer homogenous. Peoples from all over the world are on the move. They are immigrants, refugees, displaced by war, ethnic cleansing, religious persecution and God has placed them on our door step.
- Taken away from their homeland, when culture and family structure and lifestyle are all undergoing tremendous change persons are more receptive than ever to the Gospel.
- You cannot reach your community until you first know your community. I don't just mean you know all of the stat and facts and have a thorough understanding of the "problem". You must understand the people.
- This is not about your immigration politics; this is not about a a global war on terror, this is about loving your neighbor. We will have to overcome our insecurities, our fears and our prejudices. God makes no allowance for racism. Racism is of the devil and is seeded in hatred towards man. God expects us to love, to possess his love for all men.
- This is your present reality. You can either be a part of the solution or part of the problem. Make a decision that you are going to engage these people in relationship and through these relationships show them the love of Christ.
- The solution to this is a local church equipped. People reaching out into community.
- We are working with leaders throughout the body of Christ to address this issue. We are developing resources to assist you in crossing the cultural gap that separates.
- We want to work with you and your church to equip you and your people, to provide resources that you will most definitely need, and to work together to reach these unreached that God has brought to us.
"Nobody has to be a prophet, nor have a Ph.D. degree to discern diasporas as a "sign" of the time. We need to broaden the traditional paradigm to embrace vigorous diaspora strategies as "bridges of God". Phillip Jenkins
If you are interested in attending this event or interested in your church sponsoring this event in your area please contact our offices.